SansGUI Educational Grant Program
Thank you for your interest in our SansGUI Educational Grant Program.
We offer free SansGUI software and licenses to non-profit, degree-granting
educational institutions and exceptional high schools through course adoptions
or special projects. If you would like to investigate the feasibility of
using SansGUI in your educational curricula, you can download the software and
try it out first before applying for the grant. You can also obtain a
slide show, titled "Using SansGUI in Academia: Raising Software
Standards in Higher Scientific and Engineering Education", from the
The SansGUI Educational Grant Program consists of
the following categories:
Who May Apply
- Instructors in non-profit, degree granting educational institutions and
exceptional high schools (grades 9 through 12).
- The primary subject in the course is scientific or engineering modeling
and simulation using computers.
- Web presence: The course syllabus is accessible from the Internet or the
instructor's own web page has a clear identification to the course.
- The instructor will use SansGUI as an interactive learning environment in
the course for scientific or engineering explorations. The simulators
running in the SansGUI environment can be developed by the instructor or
- Optionally, the instructor will require students to write scientific or
engineering simulation programs, or a portion of them, in conjunction with
Microsoft Visual C++ or Compaq Visual Fortran in the course.
- The instructor will receive one copy of the latest (at the time of course
commencement) SansGUI Professional Edition software and documentation with a
perpetual Educational License.
- When programming is not required in the course, the students and teaching
assistant(s) will receive evaluation licenses of SansGUI Run-Time Edition
with the time limits to coincide with the term of the course.
- When programming is required in the course, i.e., students are required to
write programs in Microsoft Visual C++ or Compaq Visual Fortran, the
students and teaching assistant(s) will receive evaluation licenses of
SansGUI Professional Edition with the time limits to coincide with the
term of the course.
- Students can download the SansGUI software and documentation directly from
ProtoDesign's web site or make copies from the instructor's SansGUI software
- A class roster with the License Server information from each student's
computer shall be prepared and sent to ProtoDesign, Inc. by the primary or
secondary contact in order to obtain the evaluation license keys for the
- All technical support issues during the course term shall be routed
through the primary or secondary contact.
- Special extensions will be granted to students who need more time to
complete the course. A written request from the instructor is
You can go to our on-line SansGUI Educational Grant
Application page to apply for the Course Adoption Grant, or send a letter or
an e-mail message containing the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Institution Name, Department, and Address
- Course Number and Title
- Course Term (from Month/Year to Month/Year)
- Course Description (from school catalogue)
- Web Presence (http address of the course or the instructor's home page)
- Number of students enrolled in the previous term
- Programming Requirements (None, Visual C++, Visual Fortran, or both)
- Primary Contact (the instructor, Name, Phone Number, E-mail Address)
- Secondary Contact (optional, Name, Phone Number, E-mail address)
[Read the Fine Print
| Go to Top]
- Full-time faculty members who will use SansGUI as a tool, in conjunction
with Microsoft Visual C++ or Compaq Visual Fortran, to develop scientific or
engineering simulation applications in educational research projects.
- Web presence: The research group or subject is accessible from the
Internet or the faculty member's own web page has a clear identification to the
- Prior research publications or C.V. of the faculty member.
- The faculty member will receive two copies of the latest (at the time of
grant) SansGUI Professional Edition software and documentation with
perpetual Educational Licenses.
- All personal computers administered by the faculty member in the
laboratory at the school will receive perpetual SansGUI Run-Time licenses.
- One year priority support and upgrade starting from the time of grant is
- Use the SansGUI software compact disc to install SansGUI software onto the
laboratory computer. The software can also be downloaded directly from
ProtoDesign's web site.
- A roster of the License Server information from each laboratory computer
shall be prepared and sent to ProtoDesign, Inc. by the primary or secondary
contact in order to obtain the perpetual Run-Time license keys.
- All technical support issues shall be routed through the primary or
- We would be delighted to receive copies of research reports or papers that
Please send inquiries and proposals to email@example.com.
[Read the Fine Print
| Go to Top]
- ProtoDesign, Inc. reserves the rights to evaluate the merit of each
application and to approve or decline the grant.
- The grant recipient agrees to allow ProtoDesign to enter a link to the
course or project in ProtoDesign's web site.
- We also would like to use the grant recipient's institution and course or
project information in our promotional material. We will seek written
or e-mail consent, on a case-by-case basis, prior to the publication of such
- The use of SansGUI software and its documentation is restricted to the
educational license terms in the SansGUI
End User License Agreement.
- The terms and conditions of this educational grant program subject to change without notice.